We are offering another outstanding opportunity to join a nationally recognised, regional transport and logistics business located in Barnawartha, who has recently been awarded further contract growth through proven customer service.
- Sign-on bonus of $5,000 to be paid over 3 years
- Discounts at leading retailers like Harvey Norman, Supercheap, BCF, & JB HiFi
- Salary sacrifice packages for new cars, mobile phones etc
- Exciting and growing workplace at Woolworths Distribution Centre in Barnawartha VIC with new contract expansion.
Our client is Ron Finemore Transport (RFT), a nationally recognised, regionally based transport and logistics business servicing the Eastern States of Australia. Established in 2004 to meet the road freight needs of regional industries and communities, RFT has grown into a leading company of over 950 people with more than 290 trucks on the road. A strong, values-based company, RFT people are dedicated to providing safe, cost effective and reliable delivery of food and fuel products into our local communities.
What makes working at Ron Finemore Transport so great?
- Excellent pay rates and great employment conditions, with plenty of opportunity for career growth.
- Can make extra income from picking up additional shifts
- Opportunity to save tax on pre salary purchases of cars, mobile phones etc. through our salary sacrifice packages
- Sign-on bonus of $5,000 paid over 3 years (must commence prior to 22nd January 2024)
- Discounts at leading retailers like Harvey Norman, Supercheap, BCF, JB HiFi etc.
- Great wellbeing programs to stay fit and healthy
- Fun, family friendly social club events all year
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is wanting to develop their operations career within a supportive and collaborative team environment based in Barnawartha at the Woolworths Distribution Centre.
Our client is actively seeking two Transport Operation Schedulers to join their team due to continued growth in their business. These roles are responsible for the eﬀective allocation and management of a group of the company’s heavy vehicle ﬂeet, along with allocated drivers.
RFT operates in a 24/7 environment, and the permanent full-time roles cover a set roster working 12 hours shifts on a 4-on, 4-off basis. This ensures cover at the depot 7 days per week.
Key responsibilities include:
- Scheduling and planning of loads to deliver excellent logistics management services for the company and customers.
- Communicating with and scheduling drivers to deliver loads safely, adhering to RFT’s strict OH&S standards, including all aspects of fatigue management.
- Communicating regularly with customers and responding to delivery changes as they arise.
- Managing the maintenance of trucks and customer data through the Truck Mate database system.
- Communicating with fellow planners to provide a seamless service to drivers and clients.
Others will describe you as an excellent communicator who is able to navigate different personalities ensuring everyone is on the same page. This includes speaking to people face to face, over the phone, online, and also written communicating.
You are able to think outside the box in a fast-paced environment when it comes to problem solving. Your ability to be flexible is key in this role as change is a part of every workday. As such, you’re someone who embraces and thrives in a dynamic environment.
Transport planning can be a high-pressure environment. You will be the conduit between customers and drivers, and you need to have the ability to listen and communicate eﬀectively, with empathy, while remaining calm.
You like to work in a team and can manage multiple tasks while maintaining an eye for detail. You are able to work autonomously when needed to get the job done.
- Be self-motivated and operate with a sense of urgency.
- Have excellent communication and people skills and be able to connect with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Have the ability to think, adapt and learn quickly in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Be extremely organised allowing you to work eﬀectively in a ﬂexible environment while managing multiple tasks concurrently.
- Be available to work a rotating roster 4 days on, 4 days off based around the needs to have 24/7 coverage.
Your skills and experience for this role need to include:
- You will ideally have prior experience in the allocation of resources, such as drivers and truck loads
- A thorough understanding of task allocation and coordination
- Solid PC skills and a proﬁcient user of Microsoft Windows software, incl. Excel, Word, and Outlook
- You need to have STRONG data entry and data management skills
- Ability to work within an established Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) system
- Prior heavy vehicle truck driving experience is an advantage but not essential.
- Basic Fatigue Management qualiﬁcations and previous logistics planning experience an advantage (you will be trained in this role if you don’t)
- Current Forklift ticket (desirable)
If you are looking for a dynamic and challenging role in a supportive team with the area’s leading regional transport company, then this is the role for you!
Attach your CV and Cover Letter outlining your skills and experience related to the job criteria. Client reserves the right to interview and employ before close-off of 8am on Monday, 8th January 2024. Please note, successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and national police check.