Ron Finemore Transport (RFT) is a nationally recognised leader in regionally based transport solutions with an outstanding reputation for safety, innovation, service, and a family-based culture that looks after its people.
Due to being awarded a new long-term contract delivering into northern Victoria locations and ongoing success within our existing Regional Distribution business, we have immediate and exciting opportunities for self-motivated and customer focused drivers to join our team based at Barnawartha in regional north-east Victoria, located close to the border cities of Albury/Wodonga.
Permanent Full Time, Part Time and Casual positions are available for Heavy Combination (HC) licensed drivers. All positions may involve work into Northern Victoria (including the new local locations), Riverina, ACT, Sydney and/or Melbourne and surrounding regions, and involve store deliveries and possible linehaul options – naturally, some rosters may include overnights and/or weekend work.
Benefits you will enjoy when working with Ron Finemore Transport :
- Sign-on bonus of $5,000, payable in instalments over 3 years for Full Time drivers (who remain consistently employed as FT drivers)
- Modern up-to-date fleet & equipment from leading OEMs (100km/h), coupled with cutting-edge driver safety technology
- Excellent pay rates & superannuation arrangements (under RFT’s Enterprise Agreement), which includes hourly rates for most of the newly awarded Northern Victorian locations (and other existing locations)
- Above award allowances & penalty loading, incl. extra payments for delays, breakdowns & tyre changes.
- Safe driving incentive bonus of $280 per month
- Save tax on pre-salary purchases of cars, mobile phones etc. through our salary sacrifice packages
- Loyalty wage increase for eligible employees after each year of employment
- 10 Flexi days a year that can be cashed out
- Discounts at leading retailers like Harvey Norman, Supercheap, BCF, JB HiFi etc.
- Great wellbeing programs to stay fit and healthy, and access to EAP
- Fun, family friendly social club events all year round
- Opportunity to work and earn extra via additional trips & weekend penalties
These roles will suit you if you are self-motivated, work well in a dynamic team, enjoy a challenge and are customer focused. As a heavy vehicle driver, you regard yourself as professional, courteous and efficient with the highest regard for safety and customer service.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with customers with a friendly and professional attitude
- Understanding of load restraint as per National Load Restraint Guidelines
- Completion and return of all paperwork on time and in full
- Driving in a time-sensitive environment
- Refuelling and maintaining cleanliness of allocated equipment
- Promptly report any mechanical faults, delivery issues or delays
Skills and qualifications required for this position:
- HC qualification minimum
- Experience preferred but not essential
- A minimum of 12 months good driving record
- Attention to detail and focus on customer service
- Ability to work within an established Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) system
- Pride in the safe operation and presentation of equipment
- All positions will have some weekend work
- All applicants must be able to work to a roster
Apply Now and Join our Leading Team!
If you meet the above criteria, and you want to be part of a leading team within the Australian Transport Industry, then apply now. Please submit your CV and a Covering Letter. Please note, successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical check and a national crime check.
Applications close at the discretion of RFT.